Thursday, March 1, 2012

Finally.....the answer I've been waiting for!

Like a lot of you, I too, struggle with my weight.  I was always active when I was younger and in college, dancing, working out, walking around campus and town(yes, I didn't have a car and I hated riding a bike!).  The benefit to all of it was that I stayed relatively slim.  Alas, I acquired a car and started teaching, then entered marriage and add to that 2 children, my active life became somewhat sedentary and the pounds packed on.

I have tried numerous approaches to weight loss, Atkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers, and several different mobile apps to count calories, all which either didn't work or only provided temporary weight loss;  BUT.....I think I have finally found the thing that is going to work for me!  Have you heard of the......BODYBUGG????

                      

Sorry the pictures aren't great, but it shows you the basics.  The Bodybugg is an electronic calorie counting device designed as an armband.  You simply wear it on your upper left arm and go about your daily routine.  As part of the program, you are subscribed to the bodybugg website, which is where you log in and enter your daily food log.  At your convenience, whether it be once or several times a day, you connect a USB cord from your arm band to your computer and VOILA!  it tells you how many calories you have burned!

bodybugg graph

Your personal graph shows you how many calories you've consumed and how many you've burned.  In addition, it has set a deficiency goal for you, which is the amount of calories you need to burn to reach your weight loss goal.

It is awesome!  I have been doing this now for about 2 months and lost 12 lbs.  It is slow and steady progress and I am in complete control of it.  As I monitor my calorie intake, I am learning to eat more nutritiously.  I especially notice the lack of movement in my life  Trying to reach my deficiency goal makes me get off the couch and MOVE!!!  It has truly been, for lack of a better phrase, a blessing in my life.  It is like having a small coach with you all the time, motivating you to do it.  With every ounce that's lost, it makes me want to keep going.  Hey, I just realized that I'm already a quarter of the way to my goal Yippee!

I should say that there are similar products out there that are basically the same, jut not named "Bodybugg" and I hear that they work just as well.   Of course, whatever your choose to do, YOU have to be ready, no more excuses.  For me, I am finally ready because I am fast approaching forty and realized that if I didn't commit to it now, nothing would probably ever change. Stick with it, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment