Friday, March 6, 2015

My Neck is Leaking!#

Gross! That's all that needs to be said about this post! I was sitting quietly watching tv and I felt something running down my neck! My husband checked it out and said there was a little puss and some clear liquid coming from the incision. Of course it is Friday and after hours, but luckily my Dr. shares his cell phone number for situations like this! He calmed me down and reassured me that I was ok. He said that it was a buildup of saliva, since the Parotid gland is a saliva gland and it had no where to go but out through the incision. He said I didn't need antibiotics unless I developed a fever, so I will have to watch out for that.
Sorry for the gross pic, but wanted to show where the puss and saliva was coming out from.
So, all in all, turns out its not a big deal, but definitely gross!!

No comments:

Post a Comment