Sunday, March 15, 2015

Uncovered!

The tape came off tonight! It took a little bit of time, but I managed to clean off the area; a lot of
dried blood, dry skin, and who knows what else that was dried behind my ear! 

I was pleasantly surprised at the minimal appearance the incision left. The scar and incision itself is going to look great; my doctor did an excellent job.  However, I'd be lying if I said I was thrilled with the results.  Although I won't have a scar, thank goodness, I now will have a rather noticeable dent in my face! The picture doesn't really show the extent of it. I shed a few tears after the tape was removed just because I expected it to be a little less noticeable.  I am not a super model, but when you see a new "flaw" that I would almost call disfiguring, it really does shake you up a bit.  I tried to get a picture to show how deep the indentation is, but I couldn't capture it on camera. 

It gets me mad all over again as I wonder if the doctor had removed it 8 years ago would this hole in my face be so big? I guess I can't sit and stew about it, I remind myself to be grateful that everything has turned out ok. Luckily my hair will cover it most of the time. All in all I'm very grateful that it is gone and grateful for a good doctor. What a crazy 3 weeks it has been!  I don't think there will be any more to this story ( I hope not, anyway!), so my updates will not be as frequent from here on out.  To those of you who are facing this same surgery, I encourage your to act swiftly, get 2nd opinions if you have any doubts, and don't think, that just because this doesn't effect your mobility, that you can quickly recover.  Allow yourself as much time as needed to rest up afterwards!  Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment