Saturday, March 14, 2015

Two week post surgery selfie!

This is my two week, post surgery selfie! I chuckle when I look at this. As you can see, my face is not exactly symmetrical anymore, but it is definitely not as bad as I know it could be. I've been told that my muscle control should come back in a couple of months. My ear/side of my head is still numb and without feeling, which drives me completely crazy!!! It is uncomfortable to sleep, which is already hard for me to come by, so it gets frustrating. I was told that it could take up to a year for the feeling to come back.

My recovery has been pretty good. I have not had much pain or any complications, but the one thing I have battled is fatigue. I posted earlier about that, so I won't go into details, but it has taken the full two weeks to finally reach a day that didn't exhaust me. I am hoping it will continue to move in the right direction and I won't have any set backs.

My incision still has tape on it, so I am going to wait until it is removed in a couple of days to post pics of my incision. The lower part of my incision on my neck is uncovered and I think it looks great! It is a little raised but I believe it will go down over time.

I am so grateful to my competent doctor who insisted my tumor be removed. I'm grateful for my good health, which I believed aided in my quick recovery, and I'm grateful for my husband, who truly is my best friend and helped me through the past two weeks. I really appreciate those who brought meals, even up to day 10, when I was facing the worst exhaustion.

This experience has made me feel a crazy range of emotions from anger(towards my 1st doctor) to fear(is it cancerous?), to elation(Yay, it's benign!). I could never imagine that I would have felt all that in just 3weeks(From meeting with the doctor all the way through recovery). I will post some pics of my incision in a couple of days, after that I will update in one month, 3months, 6months, 1 year. Thanks for reading! Writing this all down had definitely been a help during recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! It does get better I can assure you. The feeling in your ear may never come back but you get used to it. It took four months for my lip to come back to normal. Be sure to use sunscreen as the scar can darken if it gets too much sun. Best wishes, Jon

    ReplyDelete