Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Another freezer idea

As I've mentioned before, I love freezer meals! I have talked about dinners before, but now let's talk breakfast!
My kids don't love cold cereal, to my dismay( its so easy and quick!), so to please the troops I have to plan ahead and do a variety of things.
When I make pancakes, I try to make anywhere between 50-100. We eat them fresh on baking day, then freeze the rest. To reheat, we've put them in the toaster(gives them a slightly tough"skin") or our preferred method; just pop them in the microwave! They turn out great and the kids love them!
I also make breakfast sandwiches. My kids only like sausage with egg(it took forever to convince them to eat with egg!) and only on biscuits!
So, after several attempts, I have it down to a science! AND... I have a new method of cooking the eggs. I know that pinterest lovers can find different methods of cooking eggs, this is a twist on one of them. I had tried cooking the eggs in a muffin tin, but wasn't thrilled with how thick they turned out. So, I tried baking them in a cookie sheet! Awesome! They came out perfectly as you can see in the pictures. As for the price, you can't best it! Sausage patties were $4.96, eggs- free(our own chickens!), biscuits$1.50/pkg(I used 2), cheese slices $2.98. Total cost was approx $11.00! Less than $1.00/sandwich!

Lastly, I also freeze breakfast burritos; more for my husbands sake. I cook hash browns, sausage, sauté peppers and onions and mix them in a large bowl with beaten eggs. I pour the mix into a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 30 min. I cut it into rectangles and place each rectangle into a tortilla, roll, wrap, and freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment