Sunday, July 1, 2012

Great nails!

Ok- so being a busy mom, it's hard to keep nails looking good. I swear I take the time to do base coat, color, top coat and even occasionally a nail strengthener, but within 24 hours, I have chips on both hands! Frustrating!

I guess I should expect it, seeing as how I have to do farm chores, wash dishes, wash kids, pull Legos apart (definitely a test for nails!) and occasionally play the piano.

Well, I think I have found an answer to chipped nails! My colleague had gotten a shellac manicure and had proven results with no chipping after two weeks. I don't want to pay for manicures and I have tried acrylics before, which damaged my nails. So, after researching on the Internet, I found out about gel nails! If you don't know about gel nails, they are similar to shellac, and involves a gel polish which requires curing under an LED light. It dries completely and provides a harder protective coating for your nails.

Here's what I found and thought I'd give it a try:

Sensational!
It is a complete kit that provides you with all you need for a DIY gel manicure

The pics are actually day 2 of my manicure and no chips! The whole process took about 20 minutes; including filing, cuticle pushing, and painting.

Let me briefly outline the process: after filing, shaping, and treating cuticles, you are now ready to begin.
First you apply a primer coat and let dry. Next, apply the base coat and cure under light for 30 secs. Then apply the gel color and cure 60 secs. A second coat of color goes on and another 60 sec cure is required. After that, you apply the top coat and cure 30 sec. When you are finished, use a gel cleaner (or alcohol) to wipe off nails and voila!- you have beautiful nails!

So, the real test is will it hold up for two weeks. I will update with pictures and let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment